You’ve just spent your hard earned money on some fantastic windows, all 48 of them… they seem to multiply when they’re dirty. Am I right? The inclement weather is notorious for ruining our stunning views and creating a layer of grime that requires some serious elbow grease. We can’t think of a chore that lightens and brightens a home faster than a solid window washing. But, it’s not always easy to get that professional finish. Usually, after a quick wash, there are streaks and grime left over, reminding us of all the places we missed. If you’re ready for some serious spring cleaning, let’s talk about the five best window cleaning supplies.
Let’s Get Started
- Mr. Clean makes a very durable latex-free glove. Put on your gloves, roll up your sleeves, and work smarter, not harder.
- You’re going to need a sturdy soft bristled brush. Before you wet the surface of the glass, take a moment to dust off the window, sills, and casings. This will be the dirtiest part of the entire window cleaning chore.
- Mrs. Meyers Window Cleaner is rated highly in so many product reviews. It’s fresh scent makes your whole home smell extra clean and when combined with the right tools, it won’t leave ugly streaks!
- The xoxo brand squeegee has great reviews from Martha Stewart. But, that’s not the only reason why we like it. It’s lightweight, easy to store, and gets the job done, without streaks or wasting an entire roll of paper towels!
- Real Simple raves about the eCloth Microfiber cleaning towels. Microfiber towels that have not been washed with fabric softener will not leave lint particles behind on your freshly washed windows. Make quick work of drips and streaks by wiping up with a soft, clean, microfiber cloth.
Inside and Out
Now that you’ve thoroughly cleaned the inside of your glorious windows, we should tackle the outside! You’re feeling ambitious today, right?
First things first, unless your 9 foot seven, a majority of your window cleaning is going to be out of reach, so consider a long handled broom and squeegee set. Don’t forget the hose and bucket of watered down dish soap. Along with the other window cleaning supplies we discussed above, we are positive this will do the trick!
Your arms might be a little sore the next day but, look on the bright side – you’ll be done washing windows! And suddenly an old Jimmy Cliff song is stuck in my head… I can see clearly now, the rain is gone! You’re dancing in your seat, now, aren’t you? Shhh we won’t tell!
And, if you think your home needs more help than a simple window washing will fix, give us a call. With our free estimates, you can easily and effectively boost your home’s curb appeal – and we’d love to help!
~ Premeditated Excellence