When you picture a deck, most of us think of the natural look, feel and smell of wood. It’s the traditional material for building decks, but it’s best when decks are not built with traditional lumber, rather with pressure-treated wood, like Southern Yellow Pine, a popular choice around here. The treated decks that we build here at Contract Exteriors are built to last.
Benefits of Treated Wood Decks:
- Many of our customers choose pressure-treated wood for its affordability. The initial cost of a wood deck is significantly less than a vinyl or composite deck.
- The longevity. Properly constructed and maintained, treated wood can be quite durable for decades. In addition, wood can withstand high winds better than other materials.
- It’s natural. The most commonly treated wood is pine because of its quick regrowth. For those who want the most natural look, cedar is ideal because it doesn’t absorb water, and won’t twist or split.
- Ease of repair. It’s not difficult or costly to replace wood boards or railings damaged from fire or heavy use.
Insect-repellant. The chemicals used in treating this type of wood repel bugs and insects, keeping them away from your home and reducing incidents of insect damage.
- Wood can be crafted in a wide variety of styles and painted or stained in an infinite number of colors.
- It’s eco-friendly. Unlike petro-based materials, wood, if sustainably harvested, is renewable.
We are Your True Exterior Source. Find out how we can build you one of our treated decks by calling Contract Exteriors to schedule a free estimate today! We have locations in Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Hilton Head, Wilmington & Raleigh.